Yes, it’s a yummy new supercar, not yet in production. It’s rumored only 50 will be made and no word on the price just yet.
Sadly, all we have so far is this teaser image.
Can’t wait until October when it will be officially announced 🙂
Ever wondered which is the fastest car in the world and how fast does it go? Well, the fastest production car ever produced used to be the Bugatti Veyron but recently the SSC Ultimate Aero managed to take the lead. Here’s the list:
1. SSC Ultimate Aero: 257 mph+, 0-60 in 2.7 secs. Twin-Turbo V8 Engine with 1183 hp, base price is $654,400. Tested in March 2007 by Guinness world records, The SSC Ultimate Aero takes the lead as the fastest car in the world beating Bugatti Veyron.
2. Bugatti Veyron: 253 mph+, 0-60 in 2.5 secs. Aluminum, Narrow Angle W16 Engine with 1001 hp, base price is $1,444,000. With the highest price tag, no wonder this ranks at #2.
3. Koenigsegg CCX: 250 mph+, 0-60 in 3.2 secs. 90 Degree V8 Engine 806 hp, base price is $695,000. Made in Sweden, it’s expected to take the #1 spot in the future.
4. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo: 248 mph+, 0-60 in 3.2 secs. Twin Turbo All Aluminum V8 Engine with 750 hp, base price is $555,000.
5. McLaren F1: 240 mph+, 0-60 in 3.2 secs. BMW S70/2 60 Degree V12 Engine with 627 hp, base price is $970,000. Check out the doors, they looks like bat wings, maybe Batman needs to order one and paint it black
6. Ferrari Enzo: 217 mph+, 0-60 in 3.4 secs. F140 Aluminum V12 Engine with 660 hp, base price is $670,000. Only 399 ever produced, the price goes up every time someone crashes.
7. Jaguar XJ220: 217 mph+, 0-60 in 4.0 secs. Twin Turbo V6 Engine with 542 hp, base price is $345,000. Made in 1992, this car still got what it takes to make the list.
8. Pagani Zonda F: 215 mph+, 0-60 in 3.5 secs. Mercedes Benz M180 V12 Engine with 650 hp, base price is $741,000. With a V12 motor, this baby can do much better.
9. Lamborghini Murcielago LP640: 213 mph+, 0-60 in 3.3 secs. V12 Engine with 640 hp, base price is $430,000. Nice piece of art, the design is very round and smooth.
10. Porsche Carrera GT: 209 mph+, 0-60 in 3.9 secs. Aluminum, 68 Degree, Water Cooled V10 Engine with 612 hp, base price is $440,000. Porsche’s most expensive car made the list as #10.
So how do you feel about American supercars? Other than the Saleen S7 I never thought much of what America had to offer. But have you seen the new Corvette from Chevrolet? It still looks American enough but it seems this one is here to compete with the big European players. Still no official word for horsepower or a time 0-60 but it is said that the horsepower is at least 620 and 0-60 in the low three seconds. That’s quite impressive, at least in my book. More to be seen in the Detroit auto show this January.
they decided they wouldn’t go for the 12 planet thing but to avoid
having to add UB313 (Xena) as a planet they had to demote Pluto… so
one less planet in our solar system… too bad though, Pluto used to be
Fastest car on earth…
I saw this car on Top Gear (erm OK I know I’ve said that before but they do manage to get hold of great cars and make the rest of us jealous…) and I’m simply amazed of just how fast it goes!!! It’s the fastest car ever built… If you want more details you can visit http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2005/12/stories/03/1.html
or you can just look at it… It looks wonderful…